Hey, you. Yes, you! Have you always wanted to join a mob? Not like a dangerous lowercase mob with pitchforks or anything like that – we’re talking more along the lines of a friendly, all-caps MOB where get stuff done, hang out, bounce creative ideas off one another, and eat loads of delicious food. Does that sound like something you’d like to be a part of? Good. Because we’re hiring.
Who are we? Well, the long and short of it is that MOB Kitchen is a food media platform. Ever since our founder, Ben, found himself frustrated at how his uni flatmates couldn’t even cook a simple plate of pasta, the MOB mission has been to help students and young professionals prepare restaurant-quality meals on a budget and help them learn more about food and drink culture as they do.
We’re not about garnishes of micro herbs or “artistic” smears of sauces. We’re all about accessibility and making things as simple and fun as possible when it comes to cooking. Think of us like the friend you go to for brilliant restaurant recommendations or that one family member you’ve got that really knows their way around the kitchen. That’s us.
Current Vacancies: 1
Titles: Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
Additional information below.
Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
We understand that some in-house design roles are seen as repetitive and samey. This isn’t one of those roles. We have a wide array of sub-brands, projects and products in the pipeline, as well as the application of a re-brand – all of which will keep the role feeling fresh for years to come. We are looking for a highly creative, self-motivated, team player who thrives in a busy environment.
Our ideal candidate will love design, have a strong knowledge of evolving trends in culture and design, and constantly be trying to create new and exciting work. You would need to be able to work proactively under your own initiative, be extremely organised, and have the ability to juggle multiple projects at one time.
You will be working across all creative assets needed for MOB Kitchen’s digital channels, as well as motion and print assets. The role needs a creative thinker who is up for a challenge and isn’t afraid to muck in and take charge of our creative output.
- Implement existing brand guidelines on projects.
- Work closely with the full MOB team to ensure creative is aligning with our content.
- Take charge of all creative, including the creation of digital, animated and print assets across multiple projects.
- Work directly with clients, join creative meetings and be the driving force for our creative output.
- Help brainstorm and develop new brand identities for content series and sub-brands.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4+ years experience in digital and print design; an agency or brand background is preferred.
- Expert Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects), Keynote, Google Docs.
- Running design projects as a sole designer, from ideation and research through to presenting mock-ups and producing final assets.
- Self-driven, proactive and up for a challenge.
- Ability to understand brand strategy/message and convert it into communication.
- Strong typographic and layout skills.
- Experience in brand design, as a core part of the job you will be creating identities for our sub-brands and series.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A fast-paced, reactive job at one of the UK’s most exciting media startups.
- The opportunity to grow with a fast-growing company.
- A job where your voice is heard and where good ideas are acted on immediately.
- LOTS of free food.
- Become a part of a young, exciting team of like-minded people.